Friday, October 4, 2013

Already October!

I cannot believe that it is already OCTOBER! Also, I just realized that all my blog posts begin with me saying "I cannot believe how much time is going by, how is this time going by so fast, etc, etc," so I'm  sorry. It's just the way I feel. Obviously, you can tell.

So, last time I wrote was last Saturday! Nothing happened on Sunday that I can remember!

Monday, September 30th:
This day I think was pretty basic. Hahaha, the fact that a day in ROME is now "basic" is unreal. I went to class, gave an oral presentation, blah blah.

Tuesday, OCTOBER 1st:
WHOA. This day was pretty kewl. My art history class and I went to a church 2 minutes away from my house called Santa Maria in Trastevere. I had already been there, but it was cool because there was a huge conference for peace taking place inside; it was packed! Then, we walked to another church in Trastevere called Santa Cecilia in Trastevere. This was a smaller church that not a lot of people know about and it was really beautiful! There was even a convent there, so a nun gave us a special tour of some frescoes in a hidden room. HOWEVER, when I tried to take a picture, the nun yelled at me. A NUN IN ROME YELLED AT ME. It was pretty horrible. I recovered though and my roomies and I went out to dinner later at the restaurant right behind our house. It was really good, and since it was so close we will def. being going back.



















Wednesday, October 2nd:
GREAT DAY AGAIN. With my Theology class we went to a church called Santa Maria Maggiore, and we got a VIP tour. It started off with going on the loggia (porch) of the church where I touched the mosaics, but then our guide took us into these back rooms. In the back rooms there were all these old robes of previous popes, a staircase made by Bernini, and a part of Paul's Letters! But it didn't stop there! The guide took us on the roof! You could see all of ROME, and it was so cool!
Santa Maria Maggiore





Staircase by Bernini

Pope's robes, so fashionable
On top of the Church

Thursday, October 3rd:
SHELBY ARRIVED TODAY! She got in at around 1, and I took her to Prati to show her our school and to walk around with Ali! Then, we went to DAR POETA again, and I could honestly live there for the rest of my life. That nutella calzone is too good.

Friday, October 4th:
We woke up today and were on our way! We first went to the Panethon and went inside, which I have already been in, but it was still cool! Then, we went to the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, and the Roman Forum, which was really great!  It's always great to see all the sights again! 
  Saturday, October 5th:
I had the most fun this day! We first went to the Castle- which is Castel San'Angelo that I pass on my way to school every single day. It was an old place that the popes used to live in/ hide from enemies (I think). Then, we went to the Spanish Steps and shopped on Via Del Corso- the fancy street in Rome. For dinner we ate at the place right behind our house and I got pasta with artichokes and tuna, which was delicious, of course. I finished dinner with a tartufo- one of my favorite desserts- which is chocolate and vanilla ice cream covered with dark chocolate. So good. 


CASTLE





This bird knows what a good view is



Pasta with tuna
Tartufo. stop.

Where I walk everyday for school UNREAL

Sunday, October 6th:
In the early morning, Shelby left :( Then, like a typical Sunday, Ali and I did homework all day and went grocery shopping. 



No comments:

Post a Comment