Monday, October 14, 2013

Vatican Trip

Tuesday, October 8th

The most exciting day this school week was visiting the Vatican Museum with my Art History class. Although it was pouring rain, we had a great time. Here are some highlights:






We started out by seeing some paintings by Rafael. The colors were so bright that I could not believe they were painted around the 1600's. Pictures will do them justice.






Everything was just so detailed, as you can tell!  And the colors were that bright in the dark light! Crazy stuff.















Okay, I lied. Wednesday was the most exciting day of the week. We went out to dinner with Ali's grandma and her great aunt to Taverna Trilussa, which I have been dying to go back to! It was amazing, just like last time! I had ravioli mimosa, and a nutella /cream/ cookie/ cake thing for dessert, which was literally one of the best things I have eaten here!






No comments:

Post a Comment