Monday, November 25, 2013

BARCA!



After just getting back from Florence/Pisa on Saturday & showing Kara around Rome on Sunday, I had 2 1/2 days in Roma and then Ali and I flew to BARCELONA!



















Wednesday, November 20th:
Ali and I left for Barcelona at around 5 and got into the airport there at around 10:30. Although we couldn't really see anything because it was dark, our cab driver tried to point out (in Spanish) the famous sites our hotel was near and the city looked really nice! We then went to bed early and got ready for the next day of activities!























Thursday, November 21st:
Ali and I slept in relatively late this day and then we headed out to explore the city. We first went to the BEST BREAKFAST PLACE EVER IN MY LIFE CALLED BRUNCH AND CAKE. It literally was a brunch place and a cake place at the SAME DAMN TIME. The first time we went (oh yeah, we went there 3 different times...casual) I got eggs benedict on a waffle, which was SOOO good and red velvet cake. After we were completely full, we walked to La Sagrada Familia, which was designed by Gaudi, the most famous architect in the whole city. It was such a different church than what is in Rome, and I can honestly say that I LOVED the church because it was so bright and colorful! After exploring the church, we went to Starbucks, which was my first Starbucks since August! Then, we ate a delicious dinner (typical tapas & sangria) at a tapas place and called it a night!


Friday, November 22nd:
Again, we slept in relatively late and went back to our favorite brunch place. However, this time I got french toast and it was the best I have ever had. After brunch (no cake this time), we walked to the main street, La Rambla, and shopped along the street. Then, we came to the famous market on that street and wandered inside! IT WAS SUPER COOL. There was so much fresh fruit and there were fruit juices everywhere. I bought 2 different kinds and each was delicious. After the juices we walked down to the port, which was cool and different to see. We ended the day with a dinner recommended from the hotel and checked out the main part of the city!

Saturday, November 23rd:
SOCCER GAME!
This day was an unique experience that I will definitely never forget. Ali and I woke up earlier than we had been and walked ACROSS THE WHOLE CITY to the soccer stadium, which was huge. We got there early and watched the stadium fill up with people wearing all their FC Barcelona gear. We then watched the whole game and it was extremely exciting because BARCELONA WON 4-0!! WOOOHOO. BARCA-BARCA-BARCA. We celebrated the win by going out to eat at Brunch and Cake and I got the best guacamole I have ever had. What a great last dinner!

Sunday, November 24th:
We woke up early this day, like super early at 7:00 am, and walked all the way up to the famous Park Guell, by Gaudi. THIS WAS THE PARK WHERE THE CHEETAH GIRLS PERFORMED STRUT. AKA MY FAVORITE SONG EVER. AKA. THE REASON WHY I WANTED TO GO TO BARCA IN THE FIRST PLACE. This park was by far the coolest park ever and the design and mosaics made it truly unique! Can you tell I kinda loved it?
Sadly, right after the trekking back to our hotel, we had to leave!

All in all, BARCA was amazing. I LOVED IT

No comments:

Post a Comment